Builder's Risk

Whether you are building your dream home from the ground up, or renovating a classic, you’ll need a builders risk policy to ensure you are covered for claims that arise from construction.

What is Builders Risk Insurance?
Simply put, builders risk insures a structure while it's under construction. Its coverage protects a person’s or organization’s insurable interest in materials, fixtures and/or equipment to be installed during the construction or renovation of a building or structure should those items sustain physical loss or damage from a covered cause. The policy is often required to comply with government regulations or as a condition to meet banking or other contractual arrangements. 

Does my homeowners policy cover this type of risk? 
The short answer is No. Homeowners policies are intended to cover fully built, and completed homes. Losses that happen to homes under construction, or due to construction (when renovating) would not be covered by a standard homeowners policy.

Builders Risk has a wide range of coverages while your home is under construction, some of them are as follows:

  • Property Damage
  • Theft
  • Vandalism
  • Fore or Lightning
  • Arson
  • Collapse
  • Windstorm or Hail
  • Materials in transit and at temporary locations
  • Backup of sewers, drains or sumps
  • Debris removal
  • Fire department service charge
  • Ordinance or Law
  • Pollution clean-up
  • Scaffolding re-erection
  • Scaffolding, construction forms, etc.
  • Valuable papers

Contact Us

Want to chat before you start the process?
Call us at (872) 298-2779 or use the form below to send us an email

Thank you! Your submission has been received!
Oops! Something went wrong while submitting the form.